Skip to main content

To Ringing alarms to Buzzing Exams

If I describe my self I always found my self concentrated to Alarm clock. Everything that happen in this world need some time to get it's best possible condition. On this same string I would like to introduce you a Alarm Clock. Everytime it buzz to tell me that wake-up, get up from bed, and set your day for wonderful outcome. As I believe, in this world everything that happening is depends on time and  time is only one entity that continuously running without any obstacles. We all need to schedule our day with respect to time.

Now when it comes to the exam time, some of us might planned our day, some of us are planning their day, n some of us will plan their day with perfect schedule to use maximum fixed time frame of 24 hours.

For the general guidelines Alarm clock is something that gives your mind a danger sign, that alert you to do something, to get out of bed and take step forward for preset mindset. Thus Studying efficiently for exam requires you to organise your time and resources. The following are general guidelines to help you prepare for exams.

First task you need to do is Find out the kinds of exams you will be sitting. From the last 10 years of experience I might say that there are Different types of exams require different study strategies. Here are some tips:

Essay exams
So if you are sitting an exam that requires answers in essay form, find out how many questions you have to answer so you can focus your study. For example, if you have to answer four questions, select and study four topics in detail plus one extra.

Multiple choice exams
Multiple Choice exams usually involve a broad overview of a course, so tend to cover lecture and tutorial material. Use the course outline as a framework for study and to identify the main themes and concepts.

Open book exams
One of the biggest myths about Open Book exams is that you don't need to study for them. While these exams don't test your memory, they do test your ability to find and use information, solve problems and apply knowledge effectively. Make sure you are fully familiar with your texts and notes and know where to find necessary information.

You might start your preparation for exam as followed for getting good score in exam.

Begin studying early
You can start thinking about the exam from the beginning of the course by keeping your ears open for hints and tips. And try to make your own handwritten notes. Revise your notes after each lecture so you have a clear and complete set to study from. But I can understand as being engineering nerd we all like to read only for last night or day before exam. But if you cram the night before—it’s ineffective, because you’re taking in so much information at once that it’s impossible to memorise it all. You’ll hardly retain anything and will be tired and stressed when the time comes to actually sit the exam.

Organise your time
Fill out a weekly study planner if you are still trying to read in last days before exam. And use it to organise your time. Cross out the hours when you can’t study because of other commitments (e.g. lectures or work). Then plan one-hour time slots to use for exam revision.
Make use of short study times. Fifteen minutes can be ideal for revising lecture notes or looking through note cards. Use time spent on the bus or train to review your course materials.
Don’t study for longer than 50 minutes without a break. It’s better to study for short intense periods with sustained concentration than long blocks of time when you are tired and not working effectively. Work out when you can study most effectively. Are you more alert in the morning or evening? When in your day can you find quiet time and space? Schedule study times that suit your personal rhythms.
Don’t study when you’re really tired. It’s better to get a solid night’s sleep after a short study period, than to push on until 2am. You won’t remember much and will be less effective the next day.

Rewrite your notes
Rewriting your notes helps you to remember them. Don’t just copy out your original notes—you’ll end up simply memorizing the exact wording instead of the actual concepts. The key is to read and think about the contents of your notes, what you noted down and why (in what way it is important), how to express it most efficiently and memorably, and then re-write them in your own words.
When you finish studying a section of notes, ask yourself questions relating to the material to express it most efficiently and memorably, and then re-write them in your own words. When you finish studying a section of notes, ask yourself questions relating to the material to see if you remembered what you just read.

Review past exam papers
Review any previous exam papers for your course. Past papers are not available for every course, but if they are, work through them. Note how they fit into the course. Look at the wording of the questions and familiarise yourself with the clue words. Practice doing the papers under exam conditions and carefully review your answers.

Sort out what you don't understand
Clarify the meaning of any words or concepts you don’t understand before trying to study them. If you aren’t clear about what information means, memorising it won’t help. Prioritise the hardest subjects first in each study session. Allocate more time to studying the subjects you find most difficult.

Set study goals
Set yourself a goal for each study session to help you keep track of what you are revising. Write them down as soon as you begin your study session, or set them at the end of the study session for next time.

I will read through and summarise chapters 3 and 4.
I will work through five equations.
I will learn the main concepts that were discussed in lectures from weeks 2-4
Study to suit your learning style.

Study hard BUT set limits
Set study periods. Don’t study for longer than 50 minutes without taking a break as I told you before. It is better to study for a short intense period of time with sustained concentration than long periods of time when you are tired and not engaging well with the material
'Chunk' information. Don't try to study the entire course in one sitting. Divide the subject up into topics and aim to study  a 'chunk' at each study session.

More on, If you’re a visual learner, diagrams and pictures can help you remember. Auditory learners should listen to lecture recordings or make their own recordings of notes that they can listen to later or start YouTube. If you are a physical person explain key ideas aloud to yourself while moving around. Explore different ways to help you remember key facts and to increase your understanding of the main concepts.

Comments

Popular post

The Moon is our real companion

(Captured: 14th Nov. 2016, 7:38pm) The moon is a familiar sight in our sky, brightening dark nights and reminding us of space exploration, past and present. But on  this special supermoon — Monday, Nov. 14 ,  I want to admit it that this is really means “super” because it’s the closest full moon to Earth since 1948. We won’t see another supermoon like this until 2034. Scientist and astrologers take their view that The moon’s orbit around Earth is slightly elliptical so sometimes it is closer and sometimes it’s farther away. When the moon is full as it makes its closest pass to Earth it is known as a supermoon.  At perigee  — the point at which the moon is closest to Earth — the moon can be as much as 14 percent closer to Earth than  At apogee  — the moon is farthest from our planet. The full moon appears that much larger in diameter and because it is larger shines 30 percent more moonlight onto the Earth. In philosopher's view, I would like to admit that moon is p

NUMB

Do you Remember, You once told me, that no matter what may come our way, we would have each other by our side, but why is it that I sit here, all alone, thinking about you and thinking about what could’ve or should’ve been? We’d known each other for years throughout the highs and the lows. And you know what? what stayed constant was the bond that we shared, but now that just seems unreal to me. Tell me, where did I go wrong? We fought and we made up, we laughed and we cried, you understood who I was, where I came from and now that you’re not here with me anymore, there’s no one who ‘gets’ me anymore like you did. Why’d you have to go? We promised to be there for each other through thick and thin, but why is it that I can't seem to find you anywhere, now that when I need you the most? I fell in love with your imperfections, not with the pretty face you put up for the world. I made mistakes, I fucked up at times, but hey! we all did, ain't we? I can't seem to figure out

I walk alone. This is my truth.

I've have always been a walker. According to my mother — who I admit is an exaggerator — I started walking at 6 months. The first time I took the streets alone, I was 8 years old. I had missed the school bus, and my mom had already left for work, and I didn’t have a way to contact her (this was before cell phones became ubiquitous). I decided to walk to the next town over where my aunt lived. It was a 30-minute journey that required crossing over 3 major intersections, and a bridge. I thought I was going to get in trouble for doing it, but once my mother realized that I could handle a trip like that on my own without getting run over by a car, I was allowed to walk everywhere — and so I did. My walks were not wasted. I spent a lot of time having full-blown conversations with God about everything. I didn’t care how it made me look. I had a brief period between the ages of 10 and 12 in which I had one of those no-secrets-do-everything-together friendships. I wanted it again,